Featuring Brian Normand, Co-Founder of Psymposia. Bio from Psymposia's site.
Brian Normand is Co-Founder of Psymposia, greenthumb, and occasional trouble maker, focused on creating spaces and projects to teach people about plants and drugs. He graduated from the University of Massachusetts Amherst with a BS in Plant, Soil, Insect Science, & Sustainable Horticulture, Magna Cum Laude. He lives in Baltimore.
In this interview, we discuss a lot, but here are some highlights.
- Brian's introduction to psychedelic art.
- Music and plants informing Brian's interest.
- The genesis of Psymposia at a more academic conference.
- The stuffiness of the academic world and it not being suitable for everyone.
- Yet how important the academic work in top schools is.
- Rick Doblin, David Nichols, Mithoffers and Grifiths and Dennis McKenna are individuals who prove how important it is to have top academic credentials.
- The Psymposia Afterparty at this years Horizons: Perspective on Psychedelics Conference
- This year's after party includes guest speakers such as Duncan Trussell and Rick Doblin.
- The legal status of psychedelics in the USA and internationally.
- Some loose discussion about Portugal.
- Leveraging the globe for legal research on Psychedelics.
- John C. Lily's LSD, Ketamine and float tank research.
- How to get involved in Psychedelic work of different kinds.
- Speculation on how to take advantage of different legal systems globally to move research forward.
- Singing to the plants - Steve Beyer
If anyone would like to submit a story to the magazine at Psymposia you can do so by submitting your story to -- email@example.com
Take a list and let us know what you think!